Procedure for SQAFCA Weigh ins
Article By David Bateman AM ( Created on 25th of February 2011 )
Procedure for SQAFCA Weigh ins - Measuring of fish
- Empty fish out on sheet/table.
- Sort species & count to ensure limits are not breached
- Select any of doubtful legal /weigh in size
- Proceed to measure the doubtful fish.
- Place fish on stick – do not manipulate them other than to straighten them gently.
- Ensure nose is touching the zero stop – fan the tail once.
- Remove hands from fish.
- If the fish does not measure call the club captain to verify your decision that it is undersize.
- If he disputes the decision the Competition secretary should be called to adjudicate.
- He should apply the same process & make a decision.
- If there is still a dispute then the bag is impounded & a dispute’s committee meeting called.
- Their decision is final.
Note - other than the measurer & the competition Secretary no other person is to touch the disputed fish at the weigh in.
Prepared by David Bateman AM, 22/2/2011